Ivanti Automation uses the following components:
- The Console
- The Management Portal
- The Datastore
- The Dispatcher
- The Agent
The Console is the central point of administration of your environment. Among many other things, you can use it to:
- Create new Datastores and connect to existing ones
- Deploy components
- Configure all settings relevant to your Ivanti Automation environment
- Schedule Jobs
The Management Portal is the web-based application for scheduling Jobs in your Ivanti Automation environment. The Management Portal works alongside the Console.
- The availability of a new Public API using the Swagger UI framework.
The Datastore stores all relevant settings and Job history in your environment. It can also store Resources that are needed to execute certain Jobs.
The Dispatcher is a service that directs the information flow between the Datastore and the Agents.
- A Dispatcher can cache Resources, thereby lightening the load on the Datastore.
- Dispatchers can be chained together to work effectively in different network topologies.
- The availability of a Web API enables you to build and deploy RESTful and SOAP web services and use the Dispatcher to integrate Job scheduling in external systems.
An Agent is a service that executes the Tasks on devices running Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux or Mac OS X.
- You can deploy Agents+ running on Microsoft Windows from the Console.
- You need to install Agents running on Unix, Linux or Mac OS X separately.