Ivanti Automation powered by RES
General functionality is functionality that can be used throughout Ivanti Automation:
- Use Building Blocks to export or import objects in an environment's Library (Modules, Projects, Run Books and/or Resources), for backup purposes and to transport objects from one Ivanti Automation environment to another.
- Use the Command Bar to access a button bar that is visible throughout the Console, below the menu bar. It contains the most frequently used functions and features.
- Use Conditions to specify, based on expressions, whether a Task, Module or Run Book Job should be executed, skipped or failed.
- Use Evaluators in queries to let the execution of succeeding Tasks depend on the results of a Query.
- Use Functions to generate (partial) input for text-based properties of Tasks. This makes it possible to create information in various fields in Tasks automatically.
- Use Instant Reports to create detailed reports of your Ivanti Automation environment.
- Use Parameters to configure placeholders for values in various fields in Tasks, such as text, file paths, credentials, etc. This makes it possible to create generic Modules, Projects and Run Books that can be customized to each situation when required.
- Use pattern matching, wildcards and operators to define sets of objects, rather than a specific one in Tasks, Team rules, Conditions, and Evaluators.
- Use Trusts to configure Trust relationships between Agents and Modules and between Agents and Resources. These relationships determine whether or not an Agent can execute a Job with these Modules and Resources.
- Use Version Control to manage the versioning of objects. Version Control facilitates auditability and change control in Ivanti Automation.
- Use command-line options to perform Console actions unattended and create automated (daily) processes.
When closing the Console, its position is stored. As a result, the next time the Console is opened, it will open at the position it had before it was closed. This increases usability, as it becomes easier to navigate the Console. For example, if a specific Module was selected in the node Library > Modules before the Console was closed, the next time the Console will open at this Module. If the node Jobs > Scheduling was selected, the Console will open at this node. Any positions in the nodes Administration > Audit Trail and Jobs > Job History are not stored.
The position of the Console is stored as a FIPS-compliant encrypted file for each individual user on the machine on which the Console is running, at:
- %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\RES\AM\cs_<guid of environment>.bin (Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Server 2003)
- %userprofile%\AppData\Local\RES\AM\cs_<guid of environment>.bin (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and higher.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.