Ivanti Automation powered by RES
Ivanti Automation has three different license types.
|Desktop license||One Windows or macOS client installation|
|Datacenter server license||One Windows Server, Unix, or Linux installation|
|Site license||All supported installations|
All physical and virtual operating systems need to be licensed. When ordering licenses, count the number of servers and desktops and order the respective amount of licenses from your reseller.
A simpler solution is the site license, which is paid for once and then has a yearly maintenance fee. With this model there is no need to order extra licenses when servers or desktops are added to your environment.
Understanding the point-based license reporting in Automation's licensing view
Your licensing information in Setup > Licensing will be reported in points. This point-based license reporting is used by the product internally and you won't be using points when ordering licenses.
The Automation license-to-point conversion in this view works as follows.
|Agent type||Required license on order form||Licensing view point conversion|
|Windows Server (including terminal servers)||1 Datacenter Server license||6|
|Unix/Linux||1 Datacenter Server license||6|
|Windows client||1 Desktop license||0.5|
|macOS||1 Desktop license||0.5|
At Setup > Licensing, on the Licensing tab, you can view and manage your Ivanti Automation licenses. Only licensed Agents can execute Jobs.
- When Ivanti Automation is installed, 75 evaluation licenses are provided automatically. These are valid for 45 days. Please contact [email protected] (for EMEA) or [email protected] (for US) if you want to extend this evaluation period.
- To use Ivanti Automation after the trial period, you need Ivanti Automation licenses, which can be obtained from your local reseller. Ivanti Automation licenses need to be registered and activated before you can use them.
- When the Ivanti Identity Director integration is enabled and validated, you will receive additional licenses for Ivanti Identity Director (Ivanti Identity Director licenses are shown under the section Connectors).
- Licenses are distributed based on the deployment date of Agents. When Agents are removed, the spare licenses are redistributed automatically.
At Setup > Licensing, on the Edition tab, you can switch from Standard Automation to Enterprise Automation in Evaluation mode. Select a different edition and click Apply, the Console will refresh to reflect the necessary changes. When a production license is activated, the Standard Automation mode switches automatically to the Enterprise Automation mode, retaining all existing Datastore content. If you have added production licenses to your Ivanti Automation environment, or if you have enabled the Ivanti Identity Director integration, you cannot switch between the editions and the tab will be disabled. To go back to Standard Automation mode, you will have to remove the production licenses and install the evaluation version again, or disable the Ivanti Identity Director integration.
Upgrade environment with Datacenter Server and/or Desktop licenses
When adding Datacenter Server and/or Desktop licenses to an environment in which also other license types are used:
- Datacenter Server and Desktop licenses can be activated as normal.
- The licensing model for Datacenter Server and Desktop licenses will not be available until ALL other license types are deleted and your environment only contains Datacenter Server and/or Desktop licenses. Until then, the Pre-2014 Licensing Model will apply.
- After deleting the last "pre-2014" license (for example as part of a license swap or re-import process), it will no longer be possible to add license types other than Datacenter Server and Desktop licenses.
If Agents are not updated automatically (global setting Auto update Agent is set to Disabled entirely) when upgrading the Ivanti Automation environment, some Tasks running on the "old" Agents still require connectors and will fail. You must upgrade the Agents before running the Tasks.
In Ivanti Automation environments that upgraded from a previous version and (also) used legacy (pre-10.3) licenses, a different licensing model applies.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.