At Topology > Teams, you can configure Teams. If certain Jobs are often scheduled on the same group of Agents, it can be useful to group these Agents in a Team. This makes it much easier to execute Jobs uniformly on the correct Agents.
For example, if you create a Team for all Agents that run Microsoft Windows 7, it becomes much easier to execute Windows 7 maintenance Tasks on all of these Agents.
- Use the Folders tab to group Teams into folders. Grouping Teams in folders can be useful in large environments and multi-tenant Ivanti Automation sites. You can use Team folders for example to:
- Use the Teams tab to view general information about Teams:
- The Members column shows the number of unique Agents that are member of each Team. The member count of a Team is based on the number of unique Agents: because Teams can be nested in other Teams, Ivanti Automation only counts each individual Agent once, irrespective of whether it is also a member of a nested Team. The Members column only shows the number of members for enabled Teams.
- The Primary Teams column shows which Teams are set as a primary Team for one or more Agents (values are Yes/No).
When adding or editing a Team:
- Use the Properties tab to configure the general settings of a Team.
- Use the Team Settings tab to configure settings for a Team that deviate from the Global Settings.
- Use the Team Variables tab to configure Variables that deviate from the global Variables.
- Use the Members tab to manage Team membership.
- Use the Job History tab to view details of Jobs that were executed by the Team, to reschedule Jobs and to reapply Job history.
- Use the Trusts tab to define trusted Modules and Resources for the Team. This tab is only shown if Trusts Security has been enabled. See Trusts.
- Use the Permissions tab to view the level of access that Console users have to the Team.
If you disable a Team, the Team can no longer be selected in a Job. However, the Agents can be selected.
If an Agent is offline because the computer on which it is installed is turned off, use wake-on-LAN to turn on the computer and bring the Agent online. You can do this from the Agents node for individual Agents, and from the Teams node for all Agents in that Team. To use wake-on-LAN, right-click the Agent or Team and choose Wake-on-LAN. This feature only works if the Agent and your network infrastructure support wake-on-LAN.