Perform File Operations
Use the Task Perform File Operations to move, copy, rename and delete files and folders; to create folders; and to create and edit INI files. File operations can be performed on local folders and disks on Agents.
After running this Task, you can view its log file on the Log tab in its Job History.
- Edit/Create INI file: it is also possible to configure files with other extensions, but the configured file will still be treated as an INI file.
- If you try to copy, move or create a file or folder to a destination path that does not exist, any folders missing from that path will be created automatically.
- Specify a backslash (\) at the end of the source path if you want Ivanti Automation to perform the file operation only with the contents of the specified folder.
Contrary to other places where wildcards are allowed, the Task File Operations interprets wildcards in source file and folder paths within the backslashes that define the different levels of the path. This means that you can use an expression that includes several wildcards.
For example, C:\Documents and Settings\*\*\temp\* resolves as:
- all files and folders in C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Tempand
- all files and folders in all users' My Documents\temp