Set File Permissions, Printer Permissions, Registry Permissions, Share Permissions
Use the Tasks Set File Permissions, Set Printer Permissions, Set Registry Permissions and Set Share Permissions to add, change, replace and remove permissions on files, folders, printers, registry settings and shares.
- Set NTFS file/folder security allows you to change security permissions and access rights on files and folders for specific users.
- Set Printer Permissions allows you to manage security permissions and access rights on specific printers for specific users and groups.
- Set Registry Permissions allows you to change security permissions and access rights on registry keys for specific users.
- Set Share Permissions allows you to change security permissions and access rights on shares for specific users.
- When configuring these Tasks to set permissions, you can use the following additional options:
- With the option Remove all existing permissions, the permissions of all existing users and groups are removed.
- With the option Replace permissions on child objects, the group or user that you have configured at permissions is added to the already existing users or groups.
- When selecting both options, the permissions of all existing users and groups are replaced by the permissions that you have added.
- Security for files and folders is limited to the NTFS file system.
- It can be useful to combine these Task with a Task Query File Permissions, Query Printer Permissions, Query Registry Permissions or Query Share Permissions, to trace which security settings are active in your network and to change these settings, depending on the query results.