At Jobs > Scheduling, you can execute the Modules, Projects and Run Books that have been configured by scheduling them in a Job. When you schedule a Job, you combine Modules, a Project or a Run Book (What) and Agents/Teams (Who) with a specific time (When). In effect, you are saying: "the following items should be executed by the following Agents at the following moment."
You can configure the settings of a Job in the New/Edit Job window, which opens when scheduling a Job. This window consists of the following tabs:
- Use the Properties tab to specify:
- Use the Resulting Tasks and Resulting Agents tabs (available for regular Jobs only) to view which Tasks will be executed by which Agents. If you made changes to any of them after the Job was scheduled (for example, a Recurring Job), you can update these changes:
- Click Reload Resulting Tasks on the Resulting Tasks tab to update changes to Tasks.
- Click Reload Resulting Agents on the Resulting Agents tab to update changes to Agents.
- Use the Resulting Jobs tab (available for Run Books only) to view which Jobs will be executed by which Agents. If you made changes to any of them after the Run Book was scheduled, you can update these changes by clicking Reload Resulting Jobs.
- Use the Job Parameters tab to review the Job parameters values. This tab is only shown if the Input settings of the used parameters specify that new values are required when scheduling the Job.
- If the parameters on the tab have not been reviewed yet, a warning sign will be shown.
- You can resize the New/Edit Job window to fit the contents of the value fields if necessary. This window adjusts automatically if the Job parameters contain Module parameter conditions.
- Select Use parameter values from file to input parameter values from a CSV file, instead of providing these values manually. This makes it possible to feed information into Tasks from a spreadsheet.
Starting with Ivanti Automation 2021.1, use the Notification tab to configure custom e-mail Notification settings for the scheduled job. This tab will inherit the Global Settings configuration for SMTP job notifications.
Where to find scheduling
Scheduling a Job
- At Jobs > Scheduling, click New in the command bar.
- or -
- At Library > Modules/Projects/Run Books, right-click a Module/Project/Run Book and click Schedule Job.
- or -
- At Topology > Agents/Teams, right-click one or more Agents/Teams and click Schedule Job.
Rescheduling a Job
- At Jobs > Job History, right-click a Job and click Reschedule Job.
- or -
- At Library > Modules/Projects/Run Books, open a Module/Project/Run Book, click the Job History tab, right-click a Job and click Reschedule Job.
- or -
- At Topology > Agents/Teams, open an Agent/Team, click the Job History tab, right-click a Job and click Reschedule Job.
Reapplying the Job history of an Agent/Team
- At Topology > Agents/Teams, open an Agent/Team, click the Job History tab, select a Job and click Reapply Job History.
- As long as a scheduled Job is not being executed, for example because it is not scheduled to run immediately, you can Edit it, Delete it or put the Job On Hold.
- When a Job is executed, it will move from Scheduling to Activity.
- When a Job has finished, you can view its results at Jobs > History.
- To schedule Jobs directly from the nodes Agents, Teams, Modules, Projects and Run Books, right-click the item and select Schedule Job.
- You can also schedule a Job unattended, for example by using a third-party product.