At Administration > Components, you can save components (Agents or Agents+, Dispatchers, Consoles) as standalone MSI files that can be deployed manually or unattended.
Saving a component as an MSI file
- Besides deploying components using the Console, you can also deploy components manually or unattended. For these purposes, you can save a Console, Dispatcher, Agent or Agent+ component as an MSI file to a location of your choice, for example a share or a USB stick. You can save a component as an MSI file by right-clicking it and selecting Save component as.
- Deploy a component manually if, for example, a firewall makes it impossible to deploy it using the Console.
- Deploy a component unattended if, for example, you want to deploy it on many computers at once using a command line. When you deploy a component unattended, it is not necessary to preconfigure it. Unattended deployments can be scripted, for RIS or BareMetal installations. See Installing Agents, Installing Consoles and Installing Dispatchers.
- When saving a component, you can preconfigure it. The component will then automatically connect with these settings to a Ivanti Automation environment when it is deployed.
- When preconfiguring an Agent and specifying the Dispatcher discovery settings, select Use above configuration only at deployment of Agent to specify settings that are only applied during deployment. When the Agent has been deployed and connected to a Dispatcher with these initial settings, the Agent will from then on use the settings that are inherited from the global settings or the primary Team. This makes it possible to gain more control over the Agent deployment process. The option Use above configuration only at deployment of Agent is only available when the option Use global setting has been selected.
Before deploying components, make sure to meet the prerequisites.