With Version control, it is possible to have better auditability and change control in Ivanti Automation through versioning: Modules, Projects, Run Books and Resources are stored with a version number. This allows you to track these objects as they are changed. Depending on the needs of your organization, it is possible to store versions related to revisions, minor changes and major changes to Modules, Projects, Run Books and Resources.
When creating new objects or saving changes to an object, the Version control pop-up window opens to manually configure the versioning or automatic versioning applied (depends on the global settings Use automatic versioning and Version comment).
When viewing the configuration details of an object, open the Versioning tab to have an overview of all version numbers and their related changes.
Version control pop-up window:
- The Current Version field shows the current version number of the object. A version number consists of a major, a minor and a revision version number (e.g. 3.2.1).
- The following versioning options are available to specify how the version number should be updated:
- Increase revision number (1.0.1)
- Increase minor version (1.1.0)
- Increase major version (2.0.0)
- Start with new version (by default selected when creating a new Project or Run Book). The new version will be set to '1.0.0' and the comment to 'Initial version'. The comment can still be edited.
- The New version field shows a preview of the new version number before it is actually applied to the object.
- The Comment field is used to specify a comment that applies to the new version of the object. The behavior of the Comment field can be managed with the global setting Version comment.
- When duplicating an object, all versioning options can be selected. By default, Start with new version will be selected.
- When creating new objects from the selection/search screen in another object, the Version control pop-up window will not be shown. Instead, the new object will be set to "1.0.0" and the comment to "Initial version".