If the Ivanti Identity Director Integration is configured and enabled (via the Console), you can publish a Run Book in Ivanti Identity Director as a new service based on a published service template. After publishing the service, you need to fine-tune and enable this within Ivanti Identity Director.
To publish a Run Book in Ivanti Identity Director:
- At Run Books, select Publish in Ivanti Identity Director from the for the relevant Run Book.
- The Ivanti Identity Director Wizard opens. Follow the steps to configure a new service.
- Service Properties step:
- Select the service template on which the new service will be based. You can configure new service templates in the Ivanti Identity Director Management Portal.
- The name of the new service must be unique in the Ivanti Identity Director environment.
- Service Category step:
- Select the category in the service catalog in Ivanti Identity Director in which the new service will be placed.
- Service Qualification step:
- Select the qualification criteria of the new service:
- Use from template: The qualification criteria of the service template will be applied to the new service.
- Everyone qualifies: Every person in the Ivanti Identity Director environment will qualify for the new service.
- Base on organizational context: Select an Organizational Context item as qualification criterion. People must be classified in this Organizational Context item to qualify for the service.
- Summary step:
- Review all configured settings for the new service.
- When you click Next, all configured settings will be validated and a new service will be created.
- Service Properties step:
When the Ivanti Identity Director Wizard is finished, you can choose to launch the Ivanti Identity Director Management Portal. This option will only be available if the Ivanti Identity Director Management Portal is installed on the same machine as the Ivanti Automation Management Portal.
New service in Ivanti Identity Director
When the new service is created in Ivanti Identity Director:
- The service will be disabled by default, which allows for fine-tuning of the service before making it available in the Ivanti Identity Director environment.
- Its delivery workflow contains as first action a Provide Information action, if any Run Book parameter asks for input. As last action, it contains an action Invoke Run Book with the selected Run Book. An exception handler will be added with an End Workflow action "Failed to deliver".
- Service attributes will be automatically created and linked to the Run Book parameters (if any).
All communication of the Ivanti Identity Director Wizard to the Catalog Services of Ivanti Identity Director is SSL-encrypted, using port 8081.