- Microsoft Azure SQL
- Microsoft Azure account
Preparations for creating a Datastore on Azure SQL
Before you can connect a Datastore in the Management Portal, you need to create a database server on Microsoft Azure SQL Database:
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure Management Portal.
- Click New in the lower left corner. This opens a wizard.
- Select Data Services > SQL Database > Quick Create.
- In the Database Name field, specify the name of a temporary database.
- In the Server field, select New SQL database server.
- In the Region field, select your region (e.g East US when located in New York, North Europe when located in London).
- Specify a login name and its password.
- The first login that you create is the Administrator account of the SQL database server.
- The password is case-sensitive and must meet the Azure password complexity rules, otherwise creation fails. The default Azure password complexity rules: minimum length of 8 characters, minimum of 1 uppercase character, minimum of 1 lowercase character, minimum of 1 number.
- Click Create SQL Database.
- When the database has been created on Microsoft Azure SQL Database, open the database dashboard.
- Write down the SQL Database server name (i.e. <servername>.database.windows.net). You need this server name when you specify the connections settings in Ivanti Identity Director.
- Click the link Manage allowed IP addresses to allow the current machine to talk to AZURE SQL SERVER.
- Click ADD TO THE ALLOWED IP ADDRESS.
- Click SAVE.