Ivanti Automation Component (Deploy, Remove)
Use the Tasks Deploy and Remove Ivanti Automation Component to use an Agent as a proxy to deploy or remove Consoles, Dispatchers and Agents.
- Tasks Deploy and Remove Ivanti Automation Component:
- As target computer, you can also type the host name, the fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) or the IP (IPv4 or IPv6) address of the target computer(s). For legacy Agents, IPv6 is not supported.
- These Tasks require administrator credentials to connect to the target computer(s).
- It is not possible to deploy or remove Agents for Unix/Linux or Agents for Mac OS X with these Tasks.
- When repairing or removing an Agent, the Agent that executes the Task must be a different Agent than the target Agent: if the Task would be executed by an Agent that is also the target computer, the Agent that executes the Task will also go offline and the Job will never finish.
- When removing a Dispatcher, your Ivanti Automation environment needs to contain at least two Dispatchers: one that is removed and one that remains. During the execution of the Task, the Dispatcher service will be stopped. If the Dispatcher is the only Dispatcher in your Ivanti Automation environment, this means that the Agent that executes the Task will also go offline and the Job will never finish.