There are three modes for the security restrictions on Files and Folders:
- In disabled mode, users can use any file or folder and no data is logged.
- In learning mode, attempts to use unauthorized files and folders will not be blocked. However, you can choose to log these events in the Log file. This allows you to fine-tune the security of your environment by authorizing additional files, if necessary. When you have fine-tuned your environment sufficiently in learning mode, you can set Files and Folders security to enabled mode.
- In enabled mode, unauthorized files and folders cannot be accessed. You can choose to log security events in the Log file.
- If you select the option Log security events, security events will also be logged if Files and Folders security is in learning mode.
- If you select the option Notify user about security events, users will also be notified if Files and Folders security is in learning mode.
- If you configure a blocked resource type, Silent mode on the Settings tab will block the resource, but not log a security event. This can be useful if the resource causes many security events, and you want to filter these events from the Files and Folders Log.