With Files and Folders security, you can set up a situation in which certain files are blocked for general use, but can be accessed by a specific application.
- MP3 files and AVI files should be blocked for all users.
- Only managers should be allowed to access MP3 files and only when using Windows Media Player.
This setup can be achieved with the following:
- Configure blocked resources in Files and Folders security for the file types *.mp3 and *.avi.
- Add the application Windows Media Player in the Managed Applications node.
- In the Access Control section of the application window, add Management to the list of selected groups.
- In the Security section, select Only Workspace Control is allowed to launch this application.
- Add an authorized file for the file type *.mp3.