For troubleshooting purposes, you can check the settings that Agents use to connect to a Datastore or Relay Server. You can do this by running the command "%ProgramFiles%\Ivanti\Workspace Control\svc\res.exe" /config on every relevant machine.
After running the command, the Workspace Control Agent - Configure connection window will open. If necessary, use this window to make any changes to the connection settings to the Datastore or a Relay Server. For example, you can change the settings of the Agent from a direct Datastore connection to a connection through a Relay Server and vice versa.
- In the Connection type field, select either Database or Relay Server.
- If you select Database, specify the settings to connect to the Workspace Control Datastore.
- If you select Relay Server, specify the settings to connect to the Relay Server:
- Select Discover (using multicast) to let Agents find a Relay Server (for the correct environment) automatically.
- Select Preconfigured (using list) to let Agents try connecting to a Relay Server from a list in random order. Use semi-colons (;) to separate servers.
- Select Resolve name (using DNS) to use DNS to resolve the FQDN of a Relay Server. This is particularly useful to identify a Relay Server that can be reached by Agents connecting from outside the network.
- The specified connection methods are handled in order of appearance; the Agent will stop looking for additional connections as soon as a valid connection is found. Therefore, if all three methods are configured and enabled, an Agent will proceed as follows:
- Did discovery yield a Relay Server? If so, it will use that Relay Server. If not, try the list.
- Did the list yield a Relay Server? If so, it will use that Relay Server. If not, try the fallback Relay Server. This means that if the options Discover and Preconfigured did not yield a Relay Server, the Relay Server will be tried that is specified at Resolve (using DNS).
- Can DNS resolve the FQDN to a Relay Server that can be reached? If so, it will use that Relay Server. If not, it will use local cache.
- In the field Once connected to the datastore:
- Select Keep using specified settings to let the Agent connect to the Datastore with the specified settings. These settings will be stored as specific settings for the Agent: the Agent will keep connecting with these settings from that point on.
- Select Use connection settings from datastore to let the Agent initially connect to the Datastore with the specified settings. When connection has been established, it will then look in the Datastore to see which connection settings should actually be used (the Agent's global settings, Workspace exceptions).
- Instead of typing the connection settings of the target Datastore manually, you can also copy the connection string from the clipboard (by clicking the Copy from clipboard button) or import these settings from a TXT file (by clicking the Import from file button).
- Copy from clipboard and Import from file buttons can be used to copy connection settings of the target Datastore to the local Agent. The Import from file option only supports TXT files.
- To test the specified connection settings, click Test.