When starting the Configuration Wizard, an introductory window will be shown welcoming you to the configuration wizard. You can either choose to view the online tutorial to be informed about the concept of workspace management or click Next if you already know our product.
- The initial steps will be skipped and you can configure additional example configurations. Example objects are disabled by default when they are created:
- Managed Applications
- Settings executed at the start of a user session
- An Administrative Role "Helpdesk"
- Location-based printing
- Your site configuration settings are shown in a summary. If you want to change any of the settings click Back; if you agree with the settings, click Next.
- The configuration process will start, showing status and result information.
- In the final step, you will see that the configuration has been completed and an Action list is shown, stating the items you still have to configure manually. The Action list can be saved or copied on the clipboard. You can use the Action List afterwards as a reminder of the items you still have to configure. Click Finish.
After closing the Configuration Wizard, you will return to the top node in the Console: the Navigation map.
- To start the configuration wizard in a production site already containing configured items, click Help > Configuration Wizard. The steps are the same as in Creating a Production site, except for step 2 in which the type of site you wish to create is asked, which is skipped.
- If you want to clear the example data created by the Configuration Wizard, click on Clear example data at Usage Tracking in the Setup menu. Only Usage Tracking example data created by the Configuration Wizard will be deleted, real Usage Tracking data will not be cleared.
- The Console user needs the administrative role of "Technical Manager" with full rights to all nodes in Workspace Control to be able to execute the Configuration Wizard.
In the Summary (review site configuration settings) step of the configuration wizard, you can click the Instant Report button to show or save the Configuration Wizard summary. You can use this summary as an overview or checklist which items and settings have been configured.