Workspace Control can also integrate with other virtualization solutions, but the integration needs to be set up manually outside of it.
VMware ThinApp integration:
VMware ThinApp simplifies application delivery by isolating applications from the underlying operating system and plugging directly into existing virtual and physical desktop management tools and infrastructure. ThinApp encapsulates applications inside a Virtual OS that transparently merges a virtual system environment with the real system environment.
To integrate VMware ThinApp streamed applications in the user workspace, make the following changes to capture the folder of the ThinApp application:
- Add respf.vbs in the root of the capture (where package.ini is located). The respf.vbs must contain this text:
- Add the following folder to the root of the capture (where package.ini is located):
%Local AppData%\RES\Workspace Manager
- In the Workspace Control folder, add ##Attributes.ini, containing this text:
- Rebuild the package by using build.bat.
- Make the executable files located in the \bin folder available, either by placing them on a network share or by distributing them to all computers that run Workspace Control.
- Add the ThinApp application to Workspace Control using the Console.
- In the Edit application window of the ThinApp application select Properties tab > Settings tab > Options section > Use "generic isolation" integration.