Information gathered by Usage Tracking is presented in the Usage Tracking Viewer. The user can view a list of detailed information, or a graphical representation of it. For reporting purposes, the information can be copied to the clipboard and pasted into a spreadsheet or word processor file.
- The Usage Tracking Viewer will not display any information about OUs if OU support has not been configured in the Workspace Control Console.
- The Usage Tracking database only stores OU information on the lowest OU level. This means that if the OU structure changes, the information displayed by Usage Tracking will change accordingly.
- On the tabs Details, Sessions and Current Activity in the Usage Tracking Viewer, you can type a search string to search for an object (e.g. user, application, computer or client). Previous search items are retained and using wildcards (*) in your search is allowed.
- Internet Explorer running as a Workspace Extension will not be tracked by Usage Tracking.
- Computer names of extended applications are preceded with an asterisk ("*") in the Usage Tracking Overview.
- It is also possible to retrieve and analyze Usage Tracking data by using Web services. See Web Service for reporting.