With Citrix XenApp Publishing integration, you can integrate Citrix XenApp published applications and published content into the user workspace, and manage it from the Management Console. A Citrix XenApp published application is an application that runs on a Citrix XenApp server, but which behaves as if it were running on the user's local computer. Citrix XenApp published content allows you to publish files (document files, media files, Web URLs, etc.) from any network location in your environment.
- Workspace Control (full installation) must be installed on at least one of the Citrix servers in the farm to be integrated with Workspace Control. Citrix Studio must also be configured on this Citrix server. It is advised to install Workspace Control on more machines for redundancy purposes.
This is necessary to be able to handle publishing activities and to retrieve updates concerning delivery groups.
- Follow the instructions described in the article "How to Configure Citrix Receiver Pass-Through Authentication for StoreFront or Web Interface" (available at http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133982) to configure your Citrix Receiver to work in combination with Workspace Control.
- The Workspace Control Agent must be installed on each Citrix Virtual Desktop Agent that needs to be managed by Workspace Control.
- When integrating Citrix XenApp 7.x with Workspace Control, it is recommended to use Citrix StoreFront 2.x and Citrix Receiver 4.x.
- In case Citrix Receiver 4.x is used together with Citrix StoreFront, it is highly recommended to enable SSON to prevent authentication requests within the user session. See for more information the following Citrix article:
"How to Configure Citrix Receiver Pass-Through Authentication for StoreFront or Web Interface" (available at http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133982).