Configure caching of people in the Delegated Administration panel of the Web Portal
By default, the Web Portal caches people queries in the Delegated Administration panel to optimize performance. This is especially noticeable in large environments with many users and organizational context items).
- The first time a user loads people, loading people can take a long time. After that, the data loads much faster.
- The data is cached for 5 minutes. After that, the data needs to be reloaded.
- You can configure the behavior of caching in the WebPortal.config file of the Web Portal. By default, this file is located on the server that hosts the Web Portal at: C:\Program Files (x86)\RES Software\IT Store\Web Portal\Config.
This is an example of a part of the WebPortal.config file with caching enabled:
<panels cacheenabled="true" cacheexpiration="300" cacheexpirationtimeunits="seconds"></panels>
- panels: This element is not mandatory. If it's missing, the above values are used.
- cacheeenabled: This attribute is mandatory. You can use true or false.
- cacheexpiration: This attribute is mandatory.
- cacheexpirationtimeunits: This attribute is mandatory. Its possible values are: seconds, minutes, hours, days. Everything else defaults to seconds. The values are not case-sensitive.