Specify alternative Catalog Services ports
The Catalog Services uses the following default ports for integration with Ivanti Workspace Control and Ivanti Automation:
- Ivanti Workspace Control uses port 8080 to connect to the Catalog Services and query which Ivanti Identity Director services have been delivered to a user.
- Ivanti Workspace Control and Ivanti Automation use port 8081 in the Ivanti Identity Director Wizards to connect to the Catalog Services and create a service.
If necessary, you can specify alternative ports, for example if other applications already use these ports. You can specify these ports in the resocs.exe.config file, which is located by default at %ProgramFiles%\RES Software\IT Store\Catalog Services\.
- Open the file and add the following as the first element of <configuration>:
<add key="catalogServicesPort" value="<port other than 8080>"/>
<add key="catalogManagementServicesPort" value="<port other than 8081>"/>
- After editing the resocs.exe.config file, restart the Catalog Services service for the changes to take effect.
- Specify the alternative ports in Ivanti Automation and Ivanti Workspace Control.
To revert to the default ports, remove the appSettings element again from the resocs.exe.config file.