Combine data from similar Active Directory groups in different OUs
Data connections can synchronize data from an external source with your environment. You can synchronize Active Directory groups with the same name that are located in different OUs, and have different pre-Windows 2000 names.
- In the Setup and Sync Tool at Data Model > Data Sources, configure an Active Directory Groups data source.
- On the Columns tab, the Active Directory property Canonical name is available by default. If necessary, also add the property pre-Windows 2000 name.
- In the Management Portal at Data Model > Data Connections, configure an organization data connection.
- On the Properties tab, select the Active Directory Groups data source in the Data Source field.
- On the Mappings tab, set the field Look up on to either Name or Path+Name.
- Name: map the Name property to Name. If this does not work, try the Active Directory property pre-Windows 2000 name in the data source.
- Path+Name: map the Name property to Canonical name.
- Map the Key property:
- Groups data sources: map the Key property to Group GUID to set classifications based on Group.
- OU data sources: map the Key property to OU GUID to set classifications based on OU membership.
- Configure the remaining fields as usual.
- Synchronize the data connection.