In the Management Portal at Setup > General, configure the general behavior of the Web Portal. With the delegation functionality, you can configure services that allow users to delegate tasks that require user input to someone else. This is useful if users are unable to take action, for example because they are absent from work or otherwise unavailable. If they delegate tasks to another user, service transactions can still be completed.
If you enable the delegation functionality, the profile page of each user in the Web Portal contains delegation settings. This allows each individual user to decide whether to actually use delegation. And if so, whom to delegate tasks to and during which time-frame (if any).
Delegation applies to the following actions:
- Provide Information
- Perform Tasks
- Approve Transaction
- Send Message
- At Setup > General, specify a default value in the Delegation field. Delegation is disabled by default.
- Select Disabled by default to disable delegation for all services. If necessary, you can enable delegation for individual services.
- Select Enabled by default to enable delegation for all services. If necessary, you can disable delegation for individual services.
- At Service Catalog, open the service page of a service on the Properties tab and specify a value in the Delegation field. For example, if you have enabled delegation by default for all services, you may disable delegation for a service that requires input from a specific person only. This ensures that the user can't delegate this to someone else.
- Select Default to apply the default delegation setting at Setup > General.
- Select Disabled to disable delegation for this specific service only.
- Select Enabled to enable delegation for this specific service only.
- To delegate their tasks to someone else, users need to click the Profile section in the Web Portal. This opens the My profile page. On this page, users can configure:
- If they want to delegate tasks that require user input.
- Who to delegate these tasks to. Users can just start to type, after which a list of possible delegates is shown.
- During which time-frame.
- If users delegate their tasks, the delegated user and the original user both receive notifications about the tasks. The service workflow continues on first response. This also applies if a smart rule applies.
- In the Messages page of the Web Portal, each notification of a delegated task shows:
- who delegated the task if a delegated user responds.
- to whom the task was delegated if the original user responds.