Configure protocol encryption
For Datastores based on Microsoft SQL Server, you can optionally use protocol encryption to secure communication between the Datastore and the components that connect to it. This encryption uses SSL.
- Microsoft SQL Native Client on the devices that run the Setup and Sync Tool and the Management Portal.
- When you create a new Datastore, enable Force Protocol Encryption in the Datastore Wizard.
- For existing Datastores, enable Force Protocol Encryption at Setup > Datastore.
- You need to enable protocol encryption for any individual Setup and Sync Tool and Management Portal that connects to the Datastore.
- The SSL parameters that the Microsoft SQL Server database uses to encrypt communication depend on the security certificate used by this database.