Configure service templates
In the Management Portal at Service Catalog, use the service page to configure service templates. A service template is a pre-configured service that can be used in Ivanti Workspace Control and Ivanti Automation to create new services directly from their Consoles.
You can only convert a service to a template if:
- The service has no subscribers
- The service is not already part of a service publication
- The service is not referenced by other services as a qualification restriction or dependency, or in their service attributes
New installations of Ivanti Identity Director contain the service category Templates. This category contains two default service templates:
- Workspace Template: Use this template in Ivanti Workspace Control to create new services from the Console.
- Run Book Template: Use this template in Ivanti Automation to publish Ivanti Automation Run Books as new services.
You can also convert existing services into new service templates.
- At Service Catalog, click the tile of the service that you want to convert to a template.
- On the Properties tab of the service page, select Use as template.
- If the service is currently unused, the options Show in My Store, Show in Delegated Administration Panel and Enable transactions are grayed out and no longer apply. You can only use service templates in service publications; they are no longer available in the Web Portal, and can no longer be referenced by other services.
- If the service is currently in use, you need to duplicate the service first and create a template from the duplicate.
- Make any changes to the configuration of the template.
- If you configure a service template for Ivanti Automation, make sure the first action is an Approve action. This provides extra security for new services. For example, if you use the template to create a service that invokes a Run Book to delete users in Active Directory, the Approve action gives you the opportunity to cancel the service before the Run Book is executed.
- Click Save.
Convert a template to a service again
- You can only convert a template to a service if it is not part of an service publication.
- To convert a template to a service again, clear Use as template. After this, you can make the service available again in the Web Portal and work with it as before.