Create a new Datastore
- In the Setup and Sync Tool at Setup > Datastore, click Create to create a new Datastore on Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure SQL Database, MySQL or Oracle. This opens the Datastore Wizard, which helps you create a new Datastore.
- On IBM DB2, you can't create a new Datastore with the Datastore Wizard: you need to create the database on the database server first and then connect to it from the Setup and Sync Tool and the Management Portal.
- In the Datastore Wizard, click Next and select the type of database server.
- On Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure SQL Database, Ivanti Identity Director creates a Datastore with the Datastore Wizard.
- On Oracle, Ivanti Identity Director creates a database user and table space with the names specified in the Datastore Wizard. Alternatively, you can select an existing table space for the new database user.
- On MySQL, Ivanti Identity Director creates a Datastore (or schema) and a database user with the names specified in the Datastore Wizard.
- Specify the name of the relevant database server.
- For Microsoft SQL Server, a list of available servers is shown. Ivanti Identity Director uses SQL Server authentication by default, but you can also use Windows authentication.
- You can configure Microsoft SQL Server and IBM DB2 database servers to listen on a different port than the default one.
- Specify the user name and password of the DBA account that has access to the database.
- For Microsoft SQL Server, you can optionally use protocol encryption to secure communication between the Datastore and the components that connect to it.
- Click Next and follow the remaining steps to create the Datastore.