Supported IBM DB2 databases
- IBM DB2 11.1
- IBM DB2 10.5
- IBM DB2 10.1
- IBM DB2 9.7
- An existing database and database user.
- The database user must be able to access a table space with a page size of at least 8k.
- The database must be created with the “Code Set” UTF-8 instead of the default IBM-1252.
Setup and Sync Tool and Management Portal
- IBM DB2 OLEDB provider (x64/x86)
You can't create a Datastore on IBM DB2 with the Datastore Wizard: you need to create a database on the database server first and then connect to it from the Setup and Sync Tool and the Management Portal:
- Create a local user on the DB2 Server, for example: IID-LU. This account is used to connect to the Datastore.
- Manually create a database on the DB2 Server, for example: IID-DB.
- Create a table space for the user IID-LU in the IID-DB database. Specify a buffer pool of at least 8KB.
- Create a schema in the IID-DB database, for example: identitydirector.
- Add the user you created in step 1 to the database IID-DB.
- Assign the applicable authorities, and add the schema and table space you created in steps 3 and 4 to this user. Make sure to assign the correct privileges.
You can configure IBM DB2 database servers to listen on a different port than the default port 50000.