Configure security settings for the Mobile Clients
In the Management Portal at Setup > Mobile clients, configure security settings for the Mobile Clients. With the Mobile Client, mobile employees can view, request and manage corporate applications and services from their iOS or Android mobile device. Managers can easily use the Mobile Client to approve requests for services and order relevant services on behalf of employees.
Users can secure access to the Identity Director app with a PIN code. In the Management Portal, you can make usage of this PIN code mandatory. Alternatively, you can force users to provide their credentials when they start their app. This helps you to prevent scenarios in which unauthorized people have access to your environment if a mobile phone or tablet is lost or stolen.
Users can download the Mobile Client from the Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android), where they can find the app as Ivanti Identity Director.
Explanation and Tips
Mobile Clients sign in behavior
- Select Remember sign in settings to allow users to save their credentials, so they don't have to provide them each time they start the Identity Director app. This shows the Remember me option on the sign-in page of the app.
- Clear the option to force users to provide their credentials when they start the app; the Remember me option is no longer shown on the sign-in page.
- Select Force PIN validation when signing in to force users to provide a PIN code when they start the app. This overrules the Remember me option on the sign-in page of the app.
- Users can secure their app with a PIN code by selecting the Security PIN option in the Settings of the app. Users then need to provide a 4-6-digit PIN, which is stored on the user's phone. After this, they need to provide this PIN each time they start the app. If they forget the PIN, users can get access to the app by reinstalling it, after which they need to secure the app again. If you select the option Force PIN validation when signing in, the option Security PIN option is selected automatically and read-only. User who did not yet secure the app with a PIN need to generate it when they start the app.
- The option Force PIN validation when signing in is disabled by default.
- Select Inform users about Mobile Clients on Web Portal sign-in page to promote the usage of the Mobile Client on the sign-in page of the Web Portal.
- Clear the option to disable it, for example because business compliance does not allow users to interact with Ivanti Identity Director via a mobile device. This is the default setting.