Versions tab of the service page
In the Management Portal at Service Catalog, use the Versions tab on the service page to view a graphical visualization of all previous versions. When you roll back to a previous version, the overview may include branches of service versions. If several version branches exist, all branches except the current one are collapsed by default. The Versions tab allows you to track the change history of the service. This is very beneficial in organizations with multiple administrators, who may administer the same service. In addition, you can roll back the service to a previous version. This makes it easier to revert service changes that led to unexpected or undesired results.
Before you roll back a service to a previous version, you can compare service configurations. This allows you to validate if the version you want to roll back to is the correct one. If necessary, you can then make any changes to the service configuration of the previous version, and save the changes to make the rollback effective. You can also choose to duplicate service versions, to create new services of a previous version.
The Versions tab is only available when you enable service versioning, at Setup > Service Versioning.
- Click the version number of a specific version to view detailed information on what changes were made, by whom, when and why.
- The Comments field shows the version comments that were made when an administrator made changes to the service.
- The Audit section shows the details of the service changes.
- Click next to a version number to initiate a roll back of the service to a previous version. This opens the Version Comparison page. This page shows a comparison with the current service version, including properties, screenshots, attributes, qualification settings and workflows. You can use this page to roll back to a previous version, or to create a duplicate service. If necessary, you can view the workflow comparison in full screen, for example if a workflow contains many workflow actions.
- The rollback button is only available if your administrative role has Modify permissions to the Service Catalog.
- Select Show only changes to limit the comparison to changed settings only. Clear the option to view all settings.
- Click Rollback to load the previous version of the service. If necessary, you can then make any changes to the service configuration. The rollback first becomes effective when you save the service.
- Click Duplicate to create a duplicate of the previous version of the service. This allows you to test additional service configurations without changing the current version of the service.
- The service page shows the current version number of the service.
- If you roll back a service, don’t make any other changes and save the service, the current version will be the one you selected for rollback.
- If you roll back a service, make changes and then save the service, the version number is incremented as follows:
- A roll back from version 5 to version 3 leads to “Version 3.1”.
- A roll back from version 3.1 to version 3 leads to “Version 3.2”.
- A roll back from version 3.2 to version 3.1 leads to “Version 3.1.1”.