Open topic with navigation
Please ensure that the following tasks have been completed before you begin installing Avalanche.
• Review the Avalanche 6.0 System Requirements for installing Avalanche.
• Download software in advance from the Wavelink downloads page. This may include the Avalanche installation file, Enabler configuration packages, or other related device files. If you have questions about which files you need, contact a Wavelink sales representative.
• Confirm that you have administrative access privileges where Avalanche will be installed.
• Confirm that your firewalls do not block any of the required ports Avalanche needs to communicate with devices or device servers. For information on components of Avalanche and how they interact, see Components of Avalanche. For information on the ports used by each component, see Port Information.
• When you purchase licenses, Wavelink sends you a license e-mail. Ensure you have a copy of the licensing e-mail(s) available. Contact your Wavelink sales representative if you need licenses. Demo licenses are available.
• If you have a previous version of Avalanche, have your backup available.
• Where necessary, obtain certificates and keys to secure connections. To learn more about creating secure connections with Avalanche, see Enabling Secure Communication.
• If you are installing Microsoft SQL Server on a system not local to your Avalanche server, enable remote connections. For information on setting up remote connections, see Allowing Remote Access to the Database.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected