This page refers to an older version of the product.
View the current version of the User Help.
Add a New Application to a Personalization Group from Manual Configuration
- Using manual configuration, registry and folder inclusions can be configured from the collected data to create an application configuration to suit your requirements.
- In the User Personalization navigation pane select Personalization Groups.
- Select a personalization group.
- Select the Application Personalization tab.
Click New from Data Collection.
The Add Application - Data Collection dialog displays. The dialog lists applications that have been collected by Application Data Collection.
- Select one of the following
radio buttons to target specific application versions:
- Use Major Application Version - Applications are grouped by their major version number. For example, 5.0 and 5.1 are together, but 6.0 is separate.
- Use All Application Versions - Applications are grouped, regardless of their version number. For example, 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0 are grouped together.
- Tick No, I want to configure this application manually (advanced).
The dialog lists all registry keys and folder paths which have been collected by Application Data Collection for the selected application.
From the snapshot taken at each application close, the following statistics are calculated and displayed alongside each registry key or folder path for all users that have run the application:
- Occurrences - The total number of times that the registry path or folder path has been accessed by the application.
- Average Size - The average size of the data in the registry key or folder from each application close. For example, a size of 100 bytes at the first application close and a size of 200 bytes at the second application close displays as an average size of 150 bytes.
Peak Size - The largest recorded size of the data in the registry key or folder from each application close. For example, a size of 100 bytes at the first application close and a size of 200 bytes at the second application close displays as a peak size of 200 bytes.
If required, tick Hide paths which are rarely personalized to filter out paths which are not recommended for inclusion.
Tick the registry and folder paths to be added as inclusions for the Application Group.
As paths are selected and deselected, the Application Profile Size updates with the cumulative sizes of the Average Size and Peak Size for the selected paths. This information shows the potential profile size per user if the application is personalized.
The Enter Details dialog displays.
In the Name field, enter a name to uniquely identify the application within the Environment Manager console. Applications must not have the same name as existing applications or Application Groups.
Applications must be added to a new or existing Application Group:
- New Application Group - Specify the Application Group name in the Create New Application Group field. The Application Group name is automatically populated from the application name, however it can be changed as required. Application Groups must not have the same name as existing applications or Application Groups.
- Existing Application Group - Select an existing Application Group in the Add to Existing Application Group field.
- Click OK.
The Application Group is added to the Personalization Group.