Getting started - File Director iOS HD app
In this section:
File Director iOS HD app enables fast, secure file synchronization, sharing, and data access on iPad and iPhone. With regular synchronization, you can gain immediate access to the latest versions of documents. The app clearly identifies files that have been updated or added since your last update. It also offers a powerful search function where you can filter results by matching file extension or file name.
File Director provides a file provider extension which can enable third party apps to access files from the File Director server. For example, the Files app provided by Apple can list files available and you can open, view and edit files on your iOS device but outside of the File Director HD app.
- Go to the Apple App Store.
- In the Apple App Store, search for Ivanti File Director HD.
- Tap Free and then Install.
- When installation is complete, tap the app shortcut to open the app.
File Director login credentials are supplied by your IT Support department and you use the same ones for all File Director clients. Your credentials consist of the following elements:
|Server address||The address of the server used to upload and download files.|
|Username||Your username is a combination of your login
name and domain name - [email protected] or domain\username.
Although it can be a similar format, your username is not an email address.
|Password||This is usually the password you use to log in to your work computer.|
There can be various reasons why a log in fails. Typically this may be due to: incorrect log in credentials, a failed server connection, or due to restrictions your organization has put on File Director use.
The server name, username, or password you have entered is incorrect. Enter your credentials again and if you are still having difficulties or have forgotten your password, contact your IT Support department.
Server is unavailable
Try again when your server is running.
Login is restricted by policy settings
Organizations can configure a range of settings to manage users, which may stop you accessing File Director.
- File Director is not available on your device type - Your organization has prohibited File Director use on your device type.
- Your IP address has been restricted - Your IP address falls outside the range of valid IP addresses set by your organization.
- You have exceeded the maximum unsuccessful login attempts - You have been locked out of File Director due to too many login failures.
- Your device has not been verified - Your organization requires all devices to be verified before they can be used with File Director.
Contact your IT Support department for help with logging in and for further information about policy settings.
If you have forgotten your password, username, or server address, contact
your IT Support department.
Your password is usually synchronized with the one you use to log in to your work computer. If you change this password, you must update your password in File Director.