This page refers to an older version of the product.View the current version of the User Help.
The Computers node allows you to manage the list of computers across all Deployment Groups for the Management Server. Management options allow you to add, move, delete computers and monitor alerts, events, User Workspace Manager software agent and configuration packages and computer details.
The Computers node includes the following sections:
The Deployment Group of which the computer is a member.
|Alerts||Number of active alerts.|
|Last Response||The period since the last poll.|
|Status||The latest information received when installing the Deployment Agent and any status information sent from the endpoint, including pending diagnostics, failed deployments and failed diagnostics.|
|Deployed (%)||Indicates the status of the packages assigned to the deployment group for each computer. 100% indicates that the assigned packages have all been installed (or uninstalled).|
The following tabs display at the bottom on the Computers work area:
The Computer details tab displays information about the selected computer, and includes:
•Property – Computer hardware and system properties.
•Value – Computer hardware and system details.
The Alerts tab allows you to monitor alerts for the selected computer, and includes:
•ID – Event for which the alert is generated.
•Rule – Alert rule.
•Computer – Where the alert originated.
•Deployment Group – Deployment group from which the alert originated.
•Last Event – When the alert is raised on the Server.
•Status – Alert status: New, Acknowledged or Resolved.
The Events tab allows you to monitor events on the selected computer, and includes:
•ID – Event number.
•Date/Time – Date and time the event occurred.
•Computer – Where the event occurred.
•User – Who caused the event.
The Packages tab allows you to view packages on the selected computer, and includes:
•Product – The product to which the package belongs.
•Name – Title of the software agent or configuration package on the currently selected computer.
•Installed Version – Number of the current software package version on the selected computer.
•Installation Status – Indicates the progress of the package. Possible states include:
•Status Message – Displays status messages received from the endpoint when a problem occurs during package installation or removal.
The Diagnostics tab provides details of the diagnostics test on the selected computer and the result of each test performed.
•Test – Indicates which test is performed.
•Result – Indicates the current state of the diagnostics taking place on the computer, for example, untested, pending, requested or completed with test passed or test failed.
|Client Access Logs||
You can use Computer Find to locate a specific computer or range of computers in the list of computers that have the Deployment Agent installed. Enter a full string or partial strings in the edit field to match computer names using wildcard characters, including:
- Question mark (?) — Indicates a single character
- Asterisk (*) — Indicates zero or more characters
Computer Find facility searches for computers by deployment group beginning with the (Default) group. The search continues in turn to each group until a match is found. When there are no more matches, a message box notifies you that there are no more results.
Navigate through results using the Find Next and Find Previous buttons.
- Move — Launches the Move Computers dialog for selecting a different group to relocate the highlighted computer.
Delete — Deletes selected computers from the system.
Deleted computers remain listed in this group until all software packages have been removed with Pending delete status displayed next to the computer name in the overview panel.
Agents and packages are deleted as follows:
- Product Agents and Configurations — Ivanti product agents and configurations uninstall according to the Installation Schedule.
- Deployment Agent — The Deployment Agent uninstalls after product agents have uninstalled, according to the Installation Schedule.
When the Agent Schedule is disabled the Configuration Schedule is ignored and therefore no agent or configuration packages uninstall.
- Delete All — Deletes all computers in the group. Deleted computers are moved to the (Default) group to await the uninstall process to remove software packages.
Unregister— Unregisters the computer from server.
If you select this option before the packages and agents have successfully been deleted from this computer, the Deployment Agent re-registers the computer again on the next poll period.
- Restore — Restores a computer set to Delete or Unregister.
- Show Event Details — Launches the Event Details dialog for viewing information about the selected event.
- Request Diagnostics — Starts a diagnostics check on selected computers to test connectivity with the main Management Server and any failover servers for which Run Diagnostics is selected in the Failover Servers node.
- Clear Filter — Clears any filters that have been applied to the display. To apply a filter to the display right-click on the column you want to filter and select Filter Editor. The Filter Editor is used to filter the list based on the entered criteria.
The Manually Added node displays if any computers have been manually added to a deployment group, and not discovered and placed in a group by use of Membership Rules.
The work area displays the name of the computer and the expected group to which the computer has been manually added.
Remove the Manually Added Status
- Navigate to All Computers > Manually Added.
Select the computer that you want to remove the manually added status from, and from the Actions panel select Remove.
A message displays informing you that the expected groups for the selected computers will revert to the groups determined by membership rules and that managed computers will not change groups until they are moved.
To move a computer you can select one of the following:
- Deployment Group > Computers > Move action - select the computer(s), click Move and select the required deployment group.
- Deployment Group > Computers > Misgrouped > Regroup action - select the computer(s), click Regroup and the computers are automatically re-assigned to the deployment groups based on the Membership Rules.
- Click OK to confirm the removal.
If the removed computer has not been moved to a deployment group it may be listed in the Misgrouped node. This happens if there's a membership rule that puts the computers in a different group.
The Misgrouped node is added when a computer has:
- Been manually added to a group, but the computer subsequently registers with a different group because that's the group it had been in.
- Been added to Active Directory which puts the computer in a certain group, but the computer subsequently registers with a different group because that's the group it had been in.
- Moved to a different Active Directory group, which puts the computer in a different deployment group.
- Been deleted from the Manually Added node and Membership Rules puts the computer in a different group.
The Misgrouped node is added to the All Computers node and the Computers node for the deployment group.
You have the option to remove the computers from the misgrouped list using one of the following methods:
- Move - manually select which deployment group to place the computers.
- Regroup - automatically place the computers in the deployment group as defined by the Membership Rules and Manually Added List.
Moving computers to another deployment
group can cause User Workspace Manager configurations and agents to be installed or
uninstalled when the Deployment Agent next polls. Agents are installed
according to the installation schedule of the target deployment group.
Installation Schedules are set up in Deployment Group > Settings > Installation tab.
If there are no misgrouped computers the Misgrouped node does not display in the navigation tree.