Add/Change Linux/Unix/Mac OS Discovery IP Address Range Dialog Box
You can search for Linux/Unix/Mac OS machines within a range of IP addresses.
To specify an IP address range to query for Linux/Unix/Mac OS machines:
- In Range, enter an IP address range to search.
- If you need to specify a port other than the default of 22, mark the Use custom port option and enter a port number in the accompanying text box.
- Enter any additional information you want to include for this configuration in the Notes text box.
- Enter the required credentials for the machine(s) you want to discover. A user name is required, and you can specify either a password or a private key and passphrase.
- Optional but recommended: Before selecting OK, select Test to open the Test Linux/Unix/Mac OS Discovery dialog box, where you can verify that a connection can be established before proceeding.
- When you are satisfied with your settings, select OK.
- After you select OK, a dialog box opens to tell you how many IP addresses this configuration will attempt to query. You have the option to save your configuration by selecting Yes or, if the number of machines is not what you expect, select No to return to the dialog box to make changes. Although querying a large number of machines can take time, it does not affect machine performance or the ability to run other tasks.