Add/Change Linux/Unix/Mac OS Discovery Machines Dialog Box
You can discover Linux/Unix/Mac OS machines by name or by IP address.
To specify which Linux/Unix/Mac OS machines to discover by machine name or IP address:
- Enter the machine name or IP address to query. Multiple machine names must be separated by commas.
- If you need to specify a port other than the default of 22, check Use custom port and enter a port number in the accompanying text box.
- Enter any additional information you want to include for this configuration in the Notes text box.
- Enter the required credentials for the machine(s) you want to discover. A user name is required, and you can specify either a password or a private key and passphrase.
- Optional but recommended: Before selecting OK, select Test to open the Test Linux/Unix/Mac OS Discovery dialog box, where you can verify that a connection can be established before proceeding.
- Click OK.