Automatically Configure Applications Dialog Box
You can see your inventoried or metered Windows applications or suites match the CSID, as well as how many non-Windows applications were identified.
This dialog box informs you of the following:
- How many inventoried or metered Windows applications or suites you
have that either closely or exactly match information in the
Cherwell Software Identification Database
- You can specify whether exact match files only, or exact match and close match files are automatically configured into license units.
- In most cases, you should select Yes here to automatically configure exact and close matches of known application files into license units that you can manage. Also, it saves you the work of manually configuring the files into license units; you can begin managing the license units now.
- If you select No, the files will not be configured into license units and they'll show up in the Unconfigured Applications panel.
- How many non-Windows applications were identified. You are directed to configure them in the Unconfigured Applications Panel. It's recommended that you first move any applications you don't want to track to that panel's Don't configure folder, and then configure the applications you do want to track. See How to Configure Linux, Unix, and Mac OS Applications.