Add Support File Dialog Box
Support files are executable files that are separate from the main application executable file, and are identified by the CSID for metering purposes. You can associate a support file with an application in a license unit.
Support files usually have .com or .exe extensions and are not licensed separately from the main application.
To associate a support file with an application in a license unit:
- Choose one of the following ways to associate the file:
- Manually enter file information: This option is selected by default, and you can either type the file name and size, if known, or select Browse to find it.
- Browse local computer: Select this option and select Browse to search for it on the local machine.
- Browse inventoried files: When you select this option, the bottom half of the dialog box changes to list all .com and .exe files that Cherwell Asset Management has inventoried. If you used the Inventory tab of the Agent Options dialog box to also inventory files with other extensions, those files (if marked as runnable) will appear in this list as well. But by default, only .exe and .com files are shown. You can select a file and select Properties to learn more about it.
- When you find the file, select OK to add it as a support file in the current license unit. It will then show up in the Support Files tab of the New Application or New Suite dialog box.
If the number of files that meet your criteria exceeds this maximum in this text box, you are alerted, and you can enter another maximum value in the text box, or check the Unlimited check box to return all files that meet the search criteria. You can change the default value for this text box by selecting the Options dialog box, then the Advanced tab.