How to Add Custom Machine Information
You can add custom information to machines, such as a property identifying a machine's physical location, that isn't automatically collected during inventory or discovery.
To add custom machine information, first create the custom field (also known as a label), then add the custom field to a machine's properties.
To create a custom field:
- From the Machine menu in CAM Administrator, select Agent Options to open the Agent Options dialog box.
- Click the Custom tab.
- Click New.
- In the New Custom Machine Property dialog box, select User-defined.
- In the Label text box, enter the name of the field to add to the machine's properties, then enter a description for that field.
- Click OK. The custom field you just entered now appears in the list box in the Custom tab of the Agent Options dialog box. Click OK in this dialog box to add the custom field.
To add custom fields to a machine's properties:
- From the Machines panel, select a machine.
- Right-click your selection, then select Properties from the context-sensitive menu to open the Machine Properties dialog box.
- Click the User-defined tab.
- The fields (labels) you added are visible in this tab. In the text field next to each label, enter the information for this machine. For example, if you added an Employee ID label, enter the appropriate information for the employee associated with this machine.
- When you're finished, select OK.
After setting up the custom machine information, you can then view the Machine Summary report to validate the data.
If you have the user-defined properties available in an Excel spreadsheet, you can import the data directly rather than enter it manually.