How to Delete a Software Category or Group
You can delete software categories and groups using any of these methods:
- From the License Units panel
- From the License Unit Properties dialog box
- From the Software Categories tab of the License Unit Template dialog box
Each method is described here, and the effects of creating new categories and groups are also described.
Note that you can only delete user-created software categories and groups (those whose icons include a "person").
From the License Units Panel
- Right-click on the category or group, and then select Delete from the context-sensitive menu.
From the License Units Properties Dialog Box
- Right-click one or more license units, and select Properties from the context-sensitive menu. Click the Categories button to open the Software Categories dialog box. Select a category or group from the list, and then select OK.
From the Software Categories Tab of the License Unit Template Dialog Box
- Select the category or group, and then select the Delete button. Click OK to exit the dialog box.
After Deleting a Software Category or Group Using Any Method
Deleted categories or groups are removed from the lists of categories and groups in the left pane of the License Units panel, and from the list in the Software Categories tab of the License Unit Template dialog box. Any license units that were in a deleted category still exist, but are not part of any category.