How to Rename a Software Category or Group
To rename a software category or group, do the following:
- In the License Units panel, select the software category or software category group.
- Right-click your selection and select Rename.
- Type in the new name for the category or group.
- When you rename a software category or group, the new name appears in Cherwell Asset Management, but the original names in the Cherwell Software Identification Database (CSID) are unchanged.
- You can also rename a software category or group from the Software Categories dialog box or the Software Categories tab of the License Unit Template dialog box by selecting an item from the list, selecting the Change button, and then entering a new name.