How to Install the CAM Agent by Machine Name or IP Address
There may be cases in which you want to install the CAM Agent on a single Windows machine using its machine name or IP Address.
This procedure applies to Windows machines only.
To install or update the CAM Agent on a single Windows machine using its machine name or IP address:
- Select .
- In the Install/Update Agent to Single Machine dialog box, type the machine's name or IP address.
- Specify the access point to which the selected machine will report.
- If you are updating the CAM Agent, select the Overwrite existing installations check box. Otherwise, leave the check box unchecked.
- Enter the administrative credentials for the machine: the full user name, password, and domain or machine.
- If the machine communicates through a proxy server, select the Save proxy settings to agent machine check box, and complete the related options.
- Click Install.
- Consider enabling machines to use the self-upgrade feature.
- The process for updating the CAM Agent is mostly the same as that for installing the CAM Agent for the first time. The main difference is that when updating, you should check the Overwrite existing installations option.