How to Download and Manually Install CSID Updates
To download and manually install updates to the CSID:
- Download the
.zip file from the
Cherwell Customer Support Portal.
There are two .zip files; make sure to download the version for newer versions of CAM.
- Extract the
update files from the .zip and copy them to the
\Databasefolder of your CAM installation.
This is typically
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cherwell Asset Management\Databaseon the machine running the SQL Server that hosts your CAM Database.
- From the \Database folder, run EMSIDInstaller.exe.
- Complete the fields as follows:
- SQL Server: The name of the machine running SQL Server, including the instance name, if applicable.
- CAM Database: The name of your CAM Database.
- Username: username of your SQL Server CAM account.
- Password: The password of the SQL Server CAM account.
- Path to .DAT files: The full path to the location of the CSID .DAT files.
- Click Install.
- When installation is complete, select OK, then Exit to exit the installer.