Layout of CAM Certificate Manager
The layout of CAM Certificate Manager includes:
- A menu bar, from which you can exit the utility or launch the online help.
Selected Certificate section, which includes
details of the selected certificate. You do not enter text into these fields;
they are populated when you select a certificate in the Certificates tab below.
Upload Certificate button to apply the selected
certificate from CAM Certificate Manager to the CAM Administration Service.
You must always restart the Administration Service after uploading a certificate. To restart CAM Administration Service, open the Windows Services control panel, right-click CAM Administration Service, then select Restart.
- Certificates tab, which includes these
options, followed by a list of certificates that meet the current criteria:
- Show Trusted: Displays all the certificates in the Trusted Root folder of the machine store that have friendly names.
- Filter CAM: Narrows down the displayed list of certificates to show only certificates previously created with CAM Certificate Manager.
- Make New: Generates a new certificate with a key pair that machines running the CAM Administration Service can use. See Certificates for information on where certificates you create are stored.
- Export: Saves the selected certificate from the machine store to the file system so that you can move the certificate to another machine.
- Delete: Deletes the selected certificate from CAM Certificate Manager, and you won't be able to export it to another machine. Note that you cannot delete the certificate that the CAM Administration Service machine is using and that CAM will continue using the certificate stored in the Registry.
- File text box: Shows the name of the file you selected using the Select File button.
- Select File button: Opens a dialog box where you can browse for and select a certificate to install in your machine store.
- History tab: Keeps a log of all certificate uploads, useful for troubleshooting purposes.