CAM Certificate Manager
Use CAM Certificate Manager when you need to use encrypted credentials on multiple CAM Administration Service machines or machines where IIS hosts the CAM SaaS Analytics web application.
Use CAM Certificate Manager to generate a certificate that contains a persistent, private key, then export the certificate for loading on other CAM Administration Service machines and machines where IIS hosts the CAM CAM SaaS Analytics web application. This is useful when you have multiple CAM Administration Service machines for redundancy, so that you do not lose saved credentials if one machine fails; for CAM SaaS Analytics, multiple machines can use the CAM SaaS Analytics connection credentials.
In order to use CAM Certificate Manager, you must be logged in as a Windows administrator to the machine running the CAM Administration Service or the machine where IIS hosts the CAM SaaS Analytics web application.In most cases, the CAM Administration Service and CAM Administrator run on the same machine, but this is not required.To determine which machines are running the CAM Administration Service or the CAM SaaS Analytics web application, check the Status page in CAM Administrator.
- If you're using CAM SaaS Analytics, you must run CAM Certificate Manager on the machine where IIS hosts the CAM SaaS Analytics web application.
If you're using Cherwell Service Management (CSM) authentication, you are prompted to enter credentials when you upload a certificate. Note that you will also need to reenter credentials in SaaS Analytics for any connectors you are using. The credentials you enter must be for a CAM user that has CAM administrative rights in CSM.
If you use the CAM Certificate Manager to change credentials for CAM Administrative Services, you must manually re-enter credentials for email alerts and the CAM External Connector (if applicable):
- SMTP credentials used for sending email alerts.
- In the CAM Administrative Console, go to
- Re-enter a valid password.
- SMTP credentials used for sending email alerts from CAM Purchasing.
- In the CAM Purchasing Console, go to the Preferences tab.
- Select Reminders.
- Configure the email options.
- External Connector connection credentials.
- In the CAM External Connector, select the datasource.
- Select Edit.
- Update the SQL Server Authentication credentials.
- Select Collections, then select OK.
- Select Mapping, then select OK.