Install the CAM REST API
Use the standalone API Setup package to install the CAM REST API on the CAM server or a web server of your choice. The server must have access to the CAM database and Internet Information Services (IIS) must be configured before installation.
- .NET Core 3.1.7 run-time
- .NET Core 3.1.7 hosting provider
If these components are not detected, you are prompted to install them. For your convenience, the files are provided with the CAM installation package:
To install the CAM REST API:
- On the machine where you downloaded the CAM installation package, navigate to CamApiSetup.
- Right-click on CamApiSetup.exe, and then select
Run as Administrator.
The Cherwell Asset Management API Setup Wizard opens.
- Select Next.
- Accept the license agreement terms, and then select Next.
- Select a destintation folder or select Next to use the default destination folder (..\Cherwell Asset Management\CamRestApi\).
database connection information:
Option Description Database Name The name of the CAM database. The default name is CAMDB. SQL Server Instance The server name and optional instance name that hosts the CAM database. User Name The login name for the CAM database. Password The password for the CAM database user.
- Select Test. If the database settings are configured correctly, select Next.
web components information:
Option Description Web site The name of the IIS site on which to install the CAM REST API. The Default Web Site is the default. Host name The fully qualified domain name of the server on which IIS is installed. Use default port By default, port 80 is used for HTTP connections and port 443 is used for HTTPS/SSL connections. To use a different port, clear the Use default port check box, and then provide the port number. Typically, you only need to change the port number if you are using an IIS site other than the Default Web Site. Use SSL Select this check box if the Default Web Site is configured to use HTTPS/SSL. SSL is recommended for all production environments.
- Select Test. If the web settings are configured correctly, select Next.
- Select Finish.
Or with SSL disabled: