Create a Site
The Site Wizard helps you create a basic working Portal.
The Site Editor/Site Properties window helps you add refinement. You can skip refinement, if needed, or you can select Finish at any time in the Wizard and go straight to refining.
To create a site:
- Run the Site Wizard to create a cursory site: Create cursory layout and characteristics for your site (title, Business Object associations, display, and document repository association).
- Refine/edit your site using the Site Editor and Site Properties window: Refine the way your site/site items look and behave.
- Define general properties for the site: Define the name and title, login requirements, record ownership, the Business Object/record associations (which Business Objects/records the customers can interact with), and the document repository association.
- Define display properties for the site: Define appearance (color/theme), Startup Site Items, and search capabilities.
- Define Banner properties for the site: Define what the site banner looks like (background color and image, and banner image) and what text displays on it (title, subtitle, and baseline).
- Define footer properties for the site: Define what the site footer looks like (background color and image, and footer image) and what text displays on it (title, subtitle, and baseline).
- Define menu properties for the site: Define which site items display on the site menu bar, and which Actions a customer can initiate from each.
- Define Localization properties for the site: Select a default language and override options for translated sites.