Create a User Toolbar
Create one or more personal toolbars (called a User toolbar) to initiate important Actions. For example, create a User toolbar to:
- Run a One-Step Action.
- Run a command (Zoom, Attach, Undo, etc.).
- Display a Dashboard, Calendar, or Visualization.
- Run a Report or Saved Search.
A User toolbar displays with the other CSM toolbars in the CSM Main window.
To create a User toolbar:
- Right-click anywhere in the CSM toolbar area, and then select Customize.
The toolbars for User window opens.
- Click the Add button.
The New Toolbar window opens, listing Actions that are applicable for a toolbar.
- Click the Add Action button , and then select the type of Action to add to the toolbar (ex: Add Command Action).
A CSM Item Manager opens (varies by type of Action selected in the previous step) to select/create the CSM Item to initiate through the Action.
- Select a CSM Item (ex: a specific Dashboard).
- Define properties for a new Action:
- Action: Displays the name of the Action as it is recognized by CSM (ex: Name of the Dashboard or Report). It is recommended that you do not change this.
- Display text: Type the text to display on the toolbar button if the "Show text on button check box" (below) is checked.
- Image button:
Select the image to open the Image Manager, and then select an existing image or import a new image to represent the item in the UI.
- Help text: Type a tooltip to display when the cursor is on the menu item.
- Begin group: Select this check box to display a horizontal line before the menu item, separating it from other menu items.
- Show text on button: Select this check box to display the Display Text on the toolbar button.
- Add additional actions to the toolbar.