Create PPM Roles
Create Roles to use for high-level Resource planning.
Each Resource is assigned a PPM Role. When a Resource is linked to a Role, you will see a Resources tab in the form arrangement that shows all Resources assigned to that Role.
You can modify, delete, or add new Roles as needed.
The following Roles are included in Ivanti Neurons for PPM:
- Architect - Infrastructure
- Asset Manager
- Business Engagement Manager
- DBA - SQL
- DBA - Unix
- Network Administrator
- Process Engineer
- Project Manager
- Security Analyst
- Sr. Developer
- Technical Writer
- Trainer - Content Developer
- Trainer - Delivery
- UI/UX Designer
- Web Specialist
To create a new Role:
- In the CSM Desktop Client or CSM Browser Client, select Tools > Table Management.
- Select Role from the Type drop-down list, then select the New button.
- Provide the Role name and select Area(s) the Role may be associated with.
The PPM functionality for Resource and Role availability and Project Task assignment looks for Resources where the associated Role and the Project Area are checked.
For new or existing Roles, you can change the status to Active or Inactive.
If you choose to batch import Resources, Role creation is automatic.