To enable quick deployment and ensure industry best practices, CSM provides OOTB solutions to support a variety of service desk processes.
OOTB processes include:
- Incident/Service Request: Ensures that Services are restored and requests for information/advice or access a Service are fulfilled as quickly as possible.
- Problem: Ensures that the root cause of multiple Incidents is resolved as quickly as possible.
- Service Portfolio/ Service Catalog: Allows organizations to create and manage a comprehensive set of Service offerings for customers.
- Service Asset and Configuration: Ensures that all About Configuration Items are effectively managed and stored in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Change Request: Ensures that Changes are recorded, classified, scheduled, implemented, and reviewed to minimize Service disruption to the company.
- Knowledge: Ensures that all Knowledge in your CSM Knowledge Base is efficiently gathered, approved, stored, and shared with users and customers.
- Supplier: Allows Users to onboard and offboard multiple suppliers (internal and/or external) and manage their individual lifecycles, which includes defining information, creating Agreements, and assessing performance.
- Agreement: Allows users to manage individual Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) and Underpinning Contracts (UCs).
- Service Catalog Template: Allows users to manage deliverables that are comprised on Work Units and available to customers from the Service Catalog in the CSM Portal.
- Work Unit: Allows users to manage generic tasks that are required to fulfill a Service Request.
Because every organization is different, CSM offers the ability to create, tailor, or delete processes. CSM also offers the ability to quickly merge and integrate additional processes (example: ITPT, Release, etc.).