Change Management mApp Solution 1.0
The Change Management mApp® Solution introduces a streamlined Change Request form, ITIL-aligned Change Request lifecycle, advanced risk assessment, updated Approvals, and an updated Change Management Dashboard.
Platform Version Requirements: Tested on CSM 9.7.0.
Out-of-the-Box Content Version Requirements: Tested on CSM 9.6.x and 9.7.0. This mApp Solution may not be compatible on Content versions older than 9.6.0, but as with all mApp Solutions, it should be tested on your customized system.
How the mApp Solution Works
The Change Management mApp Solution offers an improved ITIL-centered process-oriented Change workflow. It includes a streamlined interface, consolidated workflow, and introduces a new Change Model Business Object which makes the creation of similar Change Requests easier.
Download the mApp Solution from the CherwellmApp Exchange. Use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution to your CSM system. The Apply mApp Wizard generates a Blueprint, which can then be viewed and published to a test or live system to commit the changes.
Apply the mApp Solution and select the Open a Blueprint so that I can preview the changes radio button. Before publishing the Blueprint, you will need to configure the mApp Solution.
The following graphic shows a high-level workflow for the different Change Request types.
For a list of items included in the Change Management mApp Solution, see Change Management mApp Solution Items.
Apply the mApp Solution
To apply the mApp Solution, perform the following high-level steps:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM.
Configure the mApp Solution
After applying the mApp Solution, perform the following high-level steps to configure the mApp Solution:
- Create Change Models for Standard Change types.
- Apply a One-Step™ Action against your open Change Requests to set their required fields.
- Apply a One-Step Action against to your open Change Requests to update them to the new status values.
|mApp Version||Platform Version Requirements||Out-of-the-Box Version Requirements||Prerequisites|
|1.0||9.7||Tested on 9.6.x and 9.7.0. This mApp Solution may not be compatible on Content versions older than 9.6.0, but as with all mApp Solutions, it should be tested on your customized system.|